Scores of youth in Manya Kpongunor in the Lower Manya Krobo District of the Eastern Region has clashed with officials of Power Distribution Service (PDS) and the police following a mass disconnection exercise.
The national power distributor is embarking on a mass disconnection exercise dubbed: ‘Revenue Mobilisation’ in Somanya, Odumase Krobo and its environs.
READ MORE NEWS ON OUR HOME PAGE
According to the Somanya District Manager of PDS, Mr. Edward Ochire, the exercise has become necessary due to the failure by the residents to pay their electricity bills since 2017. He added that the development has led to shortfalls in the revenue of the company.
Although the PDS officials carried out the exercise under heavy security presence, the youth defied the security arrangement and violently stopped them from carrying out their activity.
READ MORE RELATED NEWS….
- Re-Minister Of Information Kojo Oppong Nkrumah Storms ObonuTV & Demands To Use Studio By Force -A ‘Forensic’ Analysis
- Minister Of Information Has No Power To Storm Any Studio At GBC And Demand To Use Studio By Force – Director General Of GBC
- Kojo Oppong Nkrumah Storms ObonuTV – Stops A Live TV Program And Demanded To Use Studio By Force
- Mighty Crackdown: List Of 49 TV Stations Shut Down
- Nana Agradaa Granted Bail
The irate youth blocked roads,attacked a police station and burnt a police pick up.
Our easten region reporter Kofi Michel confirms that during the attck on the police station,the police had to fire warning shots to disperse the angry youth.
Meanwhile, the police have arrested some of the irate youth involved in the attack.
Story by Kofi Michel
- Identity Theft: Man Exposed For Impersonating As The Chairman Of Ghana Water Company - 16/08/2020
- Agomanya: Photos: Woman Found Dead - 23/06/2019
- PHOTO: Suspected Thief Lynched At Agomanya - 15/06/2019